Federal Issues

I have a question/issue regarding Immigration, citizenship, permanent residents, seniors pensions (Canada Pension Plan (CPP), Old Age Security (OAS), Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS))

Questions related to the above relate to federal programs which are outside of provincial jurisdiction. Unfortunately, as your provincial representative, my office cannot assist. However, we have put together a short guide below with resources related to common questions.

For questions regarding citizenship and immigration, and permanent residency, please visit Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The only immigration related issue we may be able to assist with and answer questions regarding is the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP). If you have questions regarding this program, please contact my office. 

For questions regarding pensions and seniors benefits, please see the links below:


I require further assistance with the issues above and/or wish to speak to an elected representative.

Residents of Vancouver-Fraserview elect one federal representative known as a Member of Parliament (MP) to represent them on their behalf in Ottawa. Your MP is the Hon. Harjit Sajjan who represents the federal electoral district of Vancouver South. You can contact his office for assistance.

  • Address¬† | 6406 Victoria Drive
  • Email | Harjit.Sajjan@parl.gc.ca
  • Phone | 604-775-5323